Sunday, January 10, 2010

Punishment? Cut it Off!

Watching an Egyptian TV show on recent news in Cairo and the surrounding cities, I was mortified when I heard that a young boy was gang raped by his school mates.

To be honest, over ten years ago I had never heard of a man being raped. I had thought women were the only victims of such a brutal act. But over ten years ago my world view changed when I watched a male character on a popular TV show go through it all.

More than ten years have passed and I am still utterly shocked and disgusted to hear that this has taken place in a country with so-called ‘Muslims’, with the perpetrators so young they are not given a sentence but walk away free- and who knows, they might just commit the atrocious act again.

What are the people in charge thinking? If I were in charge of crime and punishment, I’d make sure that convicted rapists have their privates cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment